2013 Recap + Art Calendar

 Art calendar

A year ago I wrote about my first year of Postcrossing. This time I thought to write a more general recap of the year I've had, along with some pictures of a calendar of my own art that I gave to my mother as a Christmas present. I had been thinking of making a calendar before but finally did it. There's one version on Redbubble and another one on deviantArt but I ordered this one from Photobox since I had a little bit of credit on my Photobox account that I wanted to use up. 

 Art calendar


Pluses of 2013:
  • Working part time or full time for most of the year, in a pleasant working environment. Getting work experience of my own field. 
  • Getting a degree. Finishing my Bachelor's thesis and getting my second Bachelor's degree. 
  • Taking interesting courses of my own field and also starting a new language (estudo português). 
  • Taking charge of my health and fitness. Doing regular and varied exercise as well as eating healthy.
  • Making art.
  • Taking time to be in the nature. Spending many long weekends at the summer cottage last summer. Being close to nature and painting both brought me a lot of happiness.
 Art calendar

On the flip side, I didn't write many letters or blog much in 2013, which I am sorry about (especially the letter writing part). And I have been missing the snow this winter. There's been snow on the ground only on a few days this winter. This feels more like a long, dark autumn than a real winter. I really want to go skiing and I would've wanted to go hill sliding with my niece during Christmas now that she's old enough for it. 

 Art calendar

All in all, 2013 was a pretty positive year for me. Definitely much better than 2012. While I was a more diligent blogger and letter writer in 2012 (and had uma viagem maravilhosa to Madeira!), the main things I remember from that year are grief, stress and an unhealthy lifestyle. In 2013, after the first months of the year, I created a better balance in my life in many areas... and maybe neglected some other areas, but I don't think life can be all good or all bad at any given time. 

Art calendar

Posts about a new painting, polymer clay pendants and some mail coming later. 

Art calendar
----

Pieni kertaus vuodesta 2013 ja kuvia omia teoksiani sisältävästä kalenterista.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Art Video Ideas for YouTube

How to Prepare Cardboard for Acrylic Painting

Acrylic Over Charcoal Mixed Media Painting Tips

How to Save Leftover Acrylic Paint for Later

How to Transfer Sketch onto Painting Surface

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...